This vibrantly enameled vase was designed by the K. & K Fachschule für Glasindustrie Steinschönau, a technical school established in 1856. The Steinschönau Fachschule was part of an expansive network of glass designers, technical schools, manufacturers, and retailers that made Central Europe an important and busy center for glass design, manufacture, and trade in the 20th century. Marvel over the Vase’s intricate details in “Glass of the Architects: Vienna, 1900-1937,” a cooperation of the MAK and LE STANZE DEL VETRO, now on view through January 7, 2019.
Vase, about 1915-1930. Designed by K. & K. Fachschule für Glasindustrie Steinschӧnau; possibly manufactured by Conrath & Liebsch or Friedrich Liebsch. Mold-blown, hotworked, and enameled glass. H. 16.8 cm, Diam. 24.6 cm. The Corning Museum of Glass (81.3.7).